Are you tired of packing leftovers in that thermos? Or running out of ideas for sandwiches? You deserve a break!
FOODIE FRIDAYS are the answer!
You are invited to support the Foods 10-12 class as students learn culinary skills! They will prepare delicious, fresh and healthy appetizers, snacks, beverages, breakfast, lunch and dinner. Students and instructors preparing the food will have taken Food Safe level 1, which is the industry standard for BC catering and restaurant services. We are teaching students practical cooking-hospitality skills. We also have a desire to serve JKCS families.
The Nitty Gritty Details:
Individual portions will be lunch sized, and delivered to students’ homerooms. Pre-order by writing a cheque to John Knox Secondary and indicate your child’s name, homeroom, Set #1, Set #2, or both in the memo line. Questions or Allergies, Dietary Restrictions? Please contact Mrs. Anthony or Mrs. Lund by email. Pre-orders are due February 6th, to the office.
Foodie Fridays to support the Food Studies 10-12 Cooking Class:
Set #1 (4 meals for $20)
• Feb 25 Pizza pops & veggie dip
• Mar 4 Fruit smoothie & granola
• April 1 Bubble Tea & Thai Noodle Salad
• April 8 Ham & Egg Sandwich with Coleslaw
Set #2 (4 meals for $20)
• April 22 Potato & Sausage Hash
• May 12 Fettuccini Alfredo & Caesar Salad
• May 20 Oven baked Chicken strips with veggies
• June 3 Hamburgers and Fruit Salad