“Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you” (1 Thessalonians 5:16-18).
This passage resonates well with our school community. It inextricably links ceaseless prayer with rejoicing and giving thanks in all circumstances.
We have prayed through and because of this challenging year with blessings commensurate with the difficulties encountered.
JKCS has much prayer support for which we are deeply thankful.
The significance of prayer and prayer teams is a blessing that we treasure. Weekly, at the elementary campus, a parent prayer team supports our K – 12 family of students and staff. An offshoot of that is a team which aims to tangibly encourage, bless, and support any members of our community in need. This week care packages were distributed.
Staff meet Monday mornings and Friday afternoon in the elementary lobby to parenthesize the week in prayer supplication.
At the secondary, a staff team engages in weekly prayer and the staff engage in devotions and prayer on Tuesday mornings.
Prayer is a regularly shared activity in all our classrooms.
Of equal significance is the faithful prayer support of our parent community.
Please continue to rejoice always, through ceaseless prayer and give thanks for all we receive:
– For our graduates planning an alternate safe ceremony.
– For our students successfully completing a significantly challenging year.
– For the amazing growth of our K – 12 community.
– For the tenacity and care and competence of our teachers.
– For spiritual well being that thrives in our school.
– For our Board and leadership; wisdom, grace and vision for God’s plan.
For this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you!
Paul Tigchelaar, Lead Principal