Get your walking shoes ready, because the Knox Walk is next week!
Students have just one week to sign up for their fundraising page and raise $100 to support John Knox, including tuition relief for families who are struggling with income loss due to Covid-19, and the UGM, and awesome local organization who works with people struggling with poverty, homelessness, and addiction.
It’s easy to sign up! Simply go to knox-walk-2020.raisely.com/ to sign up for the Knox Walk, then send the link to your personal fundraising page to ask family and friends to sponsor your 5km walk.
Walk in your neighbourhood! In a typical year, John Knox students walk from the elementary campus to Queen’s Park and back. If you live in New West, this could be a great route for you to walk, too! Here are some other interesting 5km walks…
• The Quay! If you start at the dog park and walk all the way to the big “W” in Pier Park and back, that’s just over 5km!
• Como Lake Park! The trail around the park is approximately 1km. Walk it 5 times!
• Burnaby Lake! Park near the Nature House and walk towards the Burnaby Lake Rugby Club
and back, and you’ll have walked 6km!
• Deer Lake! Park by the Shadboldt Centre and walk all around the lake. It is only 4km, so you
will need to add a few laps around the grassy field 😉
• Your neighbourhood! It takes about an hour to walk 5km.
Photos, please! Don’t forget to take photos of your walk. You can send them to firstname.lastname@example.org, tag John Knox on Facebook or Instagram, or send them as a direct message on Facebook or Instagram. We can be found on both social media platforms at @johnknoxbc.
And….DON’T FORGET TO WEAR A RED TSHIRT!
Thank you to all the amazing John Knox students who have already started fundraising. You are a blessing to our school!
Start your walk on Friday, May 29, at 1:00pm!