For the first time ever, JKCS students from Kindergarten to Grade 12 participated in the Knox Walk! Although timing was a bit of a challenge – can you imagine 800 people walking through Burnaby and New West? – everyone enjoyed the sunny day walk and freezies at the end.
Our students blew past our fundraising goal by raising $94,000 for our secondary campus Foods Lab! Wow! What a blessing each and every one of you are to our school. God always provides.
A huge thank you students, staff, parents, and donors. Thank you for the New West Police Department for helping us cross those busy intersections. Thank you to Queen’s Park for allowing us to walk the Millennium Trail. A special thank you to our parent volunteers. They counted money, walked with students, entered the donor data into Excel, served refreshments, helped with first aid, and photographed the Walk. A special thank you to head money counter Ella L., who led the counting team as they went through 600 fundraising envelopes!
Although every student helped us reach our goal, we would like to mention our prize winners:
- Student who raised the most in Grades K-3: Chloe C. Grade 3A
- Student with the highest number of sponsors in Grades K-3: Judah G. Grade 3D
- Student who raised the most in Grades 4-6: Lauren C. Grade 5BW
- Student with the highest number of sponsors in Grades 4-6: Daniel Z. Grade 5M
- Student who raised the most in Grades 7-12: Joshua H. Grade 7
- Student with the highest number of sponsors in Grades 7-12: Chloe C. Grade 9
- Elementary class that raised the most: 2C
- Secondary grade that raised the most (weighted by number of students in the grade): Grade 7
- Secondary student who won the draw for raising $200 or more: Kaitlyn G. Grade 7