Are you tired of reading books on your screen, but you’ve read every book on your shelf? If you are missing a good book in your hand, then you’ll be happy to know you can request books and pick them up at the school! We have made sure we can do this safely.
Here’s how it will work:
Go to the John Knox Library catalogue http://scsbc-destiny.ca/ and select John Knox Christian School under Elementary Schools.
Log in at the top right corner by using the username from your myjkcs mail account in all lowercase (eg. kayl.giff.2028) and your email password. See Mrs. Hwang’s introduction video here for more information about logging in and searching tips. Search Destiny Discover (on the left) or the library catalogue and place a HOLD on 1-4 books by Sunday Evening. Your books will be set aside for you to come pick up on Wednesday afternoon 1-2:30pm (Please email email@example.com if this does not work for you). **Pick up procedures are the same as when you pick up materials for your
class. See below for a reminder.
Pick up instructions:
- Please enter the school drive from 12th Ave.
- Drive through the parking lot beside the gravel field and turn right into the student drop off zone
- Stop in front of the administration exit doors
- On a white piece of paper, clearly write your child’s name and teacher home room. Hold up the paper so the staff member can see it. Example: Name of Child 4FJ
- The staff member will bring your bag out and place it on the sidewalk
- Step out of your car when the staff member has gone back inside and pick up the bag.
- You are now free to drive away
Please return any library books into the library book return bin where they will go into “book quarantine.” Enjoy your books!