To date we have raised over $80,000 towards the Fall Drive. Funds raised support our students today by creating needed outdoor learning spaces and ensure that John Knox is available for students for decades to come.
Construction on the secondary rooftop is expected to begin this spring! The rooftop space is designed to support the extension of specific school programs by including elements like:
- An outdoor biology space: the study of living organisms will be enhanced by creating an integrated indoor/outdoor lab space
- An outdoor nighttime earth sciences classroom: overnight astronomy classes will be enriched by four new telescopes
- Rooftop planters: creates an opportunity to plant mini-gardens to support our bee colony
- An outdoor student seating and gathering area: places for students to visit, eat, or do classwork
- An outdoor sports courts: an activity space that can be used by students to play pick-up games of street hockey, basketball, etc., and can be used by the PE department to play volleyball, badminton and other court sports. The outdoor court space will be surrounded by a high fence so that sports activities, social activities and learning activities can happen simultaneously.
Thank you to everyone who has donated to John Knox this year! Donations can be made by bringing a cheque or cash to either campus, or by visiting www.johnknoxbc.org/donate/
Arusha Vegt, Development Director