Spring Break is only a few weeks away. Some of our families are planning fun trips to other countries and it would be entirely appropriate to do so. (Bring my wife and I along!!)
To keep our community healthy and Flu free, please access and respect travel advisories. At this point travel to China is the only level 3 advisory: No non-essential travel.
There are 7 countries in all with coronavirus health advisories; a few with level 2 and the rest level 1 (least restricted).
If you will be traveling to China, please ensure the school office is informed and be prepared to self quarantine for two weeks after your return.
As always if your child has a fever or is feeling sick, please keep them at home.
While cleaning surfaces with alcohol works, nevertheless, the minute a surface is subsequently touched (door handles etc) it is no longer sterile.
The best practice is the following:
In general, the following advice can help reduce the risk of infection or spreading infection to others:
• stay home if you are sick
• when coughing or sneezing:
– cover your mouth and nose with your arm to reduce the spread
– dispose of any tissues you have used as soon as possible and wash
your hands afterwards
• wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
• avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands
• avoid visiting people in hospitals or long-term care centres if you are sick
Blessings and have a great Spring Break!
Paul Tigchelaar, Principal